Saturday, January 1, 2011

Impossibilities


They say that time can heal anything.
Birthday candles make dreams come true,
and the unpredictability of life is broken open by cookies in chinese restaurants,
so they say.
But I can't stand anything but you,
and I'm falling fast.
As this heart hits the ground, the only thing I'm wishing now
is that you would come and pick it up.
But you don't, cause you won't.
Guess you can't wish for stars to fall,
nor turn the hands of a clock to 11:11 then expect your dreams to come true.
But maybe somewhere in this universe, 2 stars have collided,
to make a blase of fire paralleling only that of our blazing hearts.
Perhaps Godel, is his infinite knowledge will complete his theory,
and the incompleteness of this world will connect us, perhaps.
Or perhaps they find and end to this unending universe,
leaving the eyes of wondering minds closed forever.
Impossibilities, driving the search for something more,
keep our souls anew, but I know that those things are nothing
between me and you.
So hold your breath and blow out the candle.
What say you to a life of searching wildly for falling stars?
That maybe our clock will strike 11:11 and we'll stand before the dawn,
awaiting the next impossibility.
For my heart has crumbled like a neatly folded cookie,
my fortune and favor have wavered in time.
But know this, my love, that if your heart crumbles,
I will be there to make a fresh batch.
I'll pick up the pieces of your burnt out stars, and throw a fistful of glitter in the air.
For when one star dies, a million come to dance for you.
And however is just a word that brings disappointment to hopes for the average,
and opens doors to those of greatness.
So open your doors now, let us see what however will bring.
And as for:
Improbable, impossible, unlikely and doubtful,
these are just word people use to veil their fears.
With all these impossibilities, not a day goes by that I don't fear.
And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Improb

No comments:

Post a Comment